The Gulf Cattleman’s Association is to:
- Representative of all grazing related issues that arise from the local level
- Open, transparent and approachable to all grazing related enterprises
- Identify key shared issues and organise appropriate action
- Be proactive to avoid crisis
- Have a strong local engagement and networks
- Have a strong organised voice in external organisations to carry the local message and solutions forward
- Draft the "Bullshit" from common sense
- Provide relevant information to grazier related enterprises
- Find and maintain resources (cash and human) for operations.
Under the constitution of the Gulf Cattleman's Association the objects of the association are stated as:
- Advocate on behalf of the graziers regarding grass roots issues
- Maintain relationships with graziers in river systems drained by the area into the Gulf of Carpentaria.